Why these TV stars hid their marriages




The latest to join the bandwagon is Karan Suchak who kept his marriage under wraps for seven months 
 
It's strange but true that a number of TV actors have kept their marriages under wraps. Karan Suchak, who currently plays Laxman in Siya Ke Ram, has just opened up about his marriage to Nandita Bhandari, a marketing professional. The couple tied the knot in May last year. Karan says, “I was trying to establish my career at that time. So, I wanted to earn my audience's love and connect with them, before they got to know more about my personal life. Now that I am doing a prominent show, it is okay for them to know more about me.“ Bidaai’s Angad Hasija, one of the first TV actors to hide his marital status, finally spoke about it in 2009 after keeping it under wraps for over a year. He says, “I got married very early. I felt I was too young to be known as a married man. 
 
The pressures of career and losing your female fan following were there, so I decided to keep it under wraps for a while.” Aham Sharma, best known as Karna from Mahabharat, says he is a very private person and hence didn't feel the need to talk about his marriage.

Much after his TV show came to an end in 2014, he opened up about his marital sta tus at an event. “Why should people know whether I am married or has nothing to do with your relationship status.When you are chosen for a role, it is not important whether you are married or not,“ reasons Aham.

Actor Avinesh Rekhi too feels the same. He says, “I married my girlfriend in December 2010 even before doing TV shows.Nobody asked me, so there was no reason to make a public announcement.“ A similar sentiment is echoed by Rohit Khurana, who was married much before he did TV shows like Uttaran.He announced to the world that he is married and has a son only in 2012. “I am very guarded about my personal life. Those close to me know about my wife and son. I go out for dinners and movies and do everything a normal husband does.
My family is my concern and not for the world to know.“

In all these cases, the wives were not a part of the television industry and that's how it was easy for the actors to keep their private lives away from the limelight. However, in the case of Gurmeet Choudhary , his wife Debina Bonnerjee is an actress. They got married while they were shooting for Ramayan in 2011. But the couple decided to keep it a secret for a while as they felt it wasn't the right time to tell the world.
Rohit Khurana


Gurmeet Chaudhary


Angad Hasija


Karan Suchak


Avinesh Rekhi


Aham Sharma





No comments:

Post a Comment